Hk Sl8 Accuracy - "The SL8 can't compete with the AR15..." "...has poor accuracy"...and so on, I often hear.

But how accurate is the SL8? Today I went 100 meters with my SL8. I shot a 30mm (1.2 inch) group with a Remington Premier Match 69g (20x scope mounted).

Hk Sl8 Accuracy

Hk Sl8 Accuracy

I even read on the internet about half inch groups at 100 yards. Or a 0.91-inch group at 300 meters.

New Heckler And Koch Sl8 6 (81000604) Hk H&k Sl8 1 G36

The only problem I have is that the point of impact changes when firing....could an aluminum rail solve this problem?

Rhinos said: Point of impact moves when firing... Click to expand... Is this a real problem for you and your SL8 or just based on what you've heard or read? You don't shoot your SL8 full auto, I can't imagine that would be a problem.

Some reports from skilled shooters in the best conditions I've seen here are less than 0.5 inch at 100 yd/m. I hope these shooters respond.

This is the real problem with my SL8-1. But I read a lot about it (also the German Army G36 problem). After firing ~80 rounds in a short period of time the movement of the point of impact is minimal. It's a bit annoying.

H&k Sl8 223 Remington 20in Black Semi Automatic Modern Sporting Rifle

Rhinoz said: This is the current problem with my SL8-1. But I read a lot about it (also the German Army G36 problem). After firing ~80 rounds in a short period of time the movement of the point of impact is minimal. It's a bit annoying. By the way... good dog! Click to expand... Spiegel recently reported that the specific Bundeswehr rifle incident (change of POI after 60 rounds) was caused by faulty ammunition. Sturmgewehr G36: Mangel-Munition Soll Probleme verursacht haben - SPIEGEL ONLINE I'm not saying there isn't a POI offset problem (loss of polymer receiver stiffness) or to what extent it is, as SPIEGEL seems to be referring to their previous POI offset. After 60 rounds the report was due to a lack of ammunition, but I don't know if that has been confirmed.

From what G3 kurz (someone who worked at HK for over 20 years) told me, the Georgia State Highway Patrol had false zeros with the original G36 sight interface, but HK replaced it with an aluminum picatinny rail (IIRC) and the problem went away. The KAC picatinny rail replaced the original sight interface for the GSHP), so it's better to use an aluminum picatinny rail on the SL8.

Want to see a scary group at 100 yards with a 12.5 K barrel and a 3x Hensoldt scope? :biggrin: This objective will soon be replaced by an acog.

Hk Sl8 Accuracy

I have about a 1.5 inch group with a K 12.5 inch barrel on a bipod at about 25 yards using a Hensoldt 1.5x optic. I don't remember the ammo. When I re-zero it from this distance, I will note the ammo and take a photo of the group.

Gamer Gun: The Iconic H&k G36

I saw this a few months ago (above), and since then I've shot a lot, and still hit dinner plate sized targets at 100 yards with no problem.

Doc_K said: Want to see a monstrous 100 yard group with a 12.5 K barrel and a 3x Hensoldt scope? :biggrin: This objective will soon be replaced by an acog. I'm still getting used to the binoculars and high resolution. Not that it matters because it's a terrible group, but I used a Hornady Precision .223. Click to expand... At least you're honest about your decisions. I heard the SL8 was a very accurate gun in its original form. Europeans liked him for his accuracy.

I need to work on these flyers. Love this SL8 77gr black mountains red box .223. I did similar groups after firing 20 rounds in a row and didn't notice any zero offset. I will say that I added a leveling knob to both guns because tilting the gun created problems for me. It seems to have improved since I leveled the reticles and adjusted the grip based on a quick look at the bubble. JP

IXLR8 said: At least you are honest about the results. I heard the SL8 was a very accurate gun in its original form. Europeans liked him for his accuracy. You are a nice change! Click to expand... The second time it was done remotely. This morning when I went out shooting I bumped into the scope when I didn't have a monocular to see where my bullets were going. :/ Excuse me, excuse me. :biggrin:

Springfield Armory 5.56mm Hellion: Read Before You Buy

Carowinds vs kings dominion, marshall vs old dominion, dominion fertility vs shady grove, borg vs mcenroe, dominion vs dominion intrigue, kings dominion vs busch gardens, kubernetes vs borg, borg warner t56 vs tremec t56, termidor vs dominion, rod laver vs bjorn borg, bjorn borg vs john mcenroe wimbledon 1980, borg vs dominion